Enter any waiting room and you’ll see most people staring down at their smart phones.
But what are they doing on their smart phones?
Most likely they are cruising through their Facebook newsfeed. Did you know that over 72% of adult internet users are on Facebook?1
Facebook has a huge following these days and is an excellent way for you to gain exposure for your practice.
Make It Easy
A post on Facebook, however, has to compete with many other posts on a daily basis.
To stand out on Facebook, your content has to be creative and interesting! Your content should be short and well-presented in the form of bullets or quick visual tips that will grab the attention of your Facebook followers.
3 Post Types for Doctors
Check out these 3 areas of content to engage your existing patients and reach more potential patients:
Educate Your Patients
Create and share fresh and interesting content such as emerging trends, innovative treatments and technologies, or general health and wellness tips.
- links to your patient education focusing on your core treatments
- short and concise personalized 30 sec videos from your YouTube channel
- content should be clear even without sound to be effective
- photos explaining a new technology, emerging trends
- infographics - using a visual icon to tell a story quickly
- wellness tips or relevant articles from reputable sources
Entertain Your Patients
Don’t be boring! People prefer amusing content. Your posts should be light, non-controversial and easily grasped.
- funny cartoons or memes
- short videos
- information about celebrities or popular events
- personal photos - these types of posts are instantly “liked” or shared by your viewers, increasing your reach
Recognise Your Patients
People love to be recognized. You can engage your followers by acknowledging when they like, share or comment on your content. This will better engage them, as well as bump your post in the Facebook news feed.
- like their comment
- reply to their comment
- say “thanks” if they give a nice review or compliment
Inhouse or Outsource
Dedicate one person in the practice to create entertaining and educational content posts, and monitor your business Facebook page on a regular basis. This can take some time, but it’s extremely important to build engagement.
Well timed and relevant content is essential to capture the attention of your audience.
Social media can be a powerful marketing tool for your practice. Just by having a business page on Facebook, you are not maximizing the opportunity to grow your practice.
It’s time to start using it to build your brand. You should consistently post to educate, entertain and recognize your followers.
Your Facebook business page is an effective and free marketing tool for your practice. So start posting, and use it to your advantage.
We can help
Call 1300 880 230 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org